The Chattahoochee English Springer Spaniel Club of Greater Atlanta‘s English Springer Specialty is just around the corner. We look forward to seeing many of our ESRA volunteers and supporters, as well as adopters there. Come on out and enjoy the show! Springers from all over the country will be in conformation competition here. This is the largest Springer event of this kind in the southeast. There will also be all breed obedience trials. Don’t miss out!
And with it comes the Parade of Rescue, where rescued Springers throughout the Southeast will be on parade, recognized and celebrated for their new lives with their new families. You are sure to want to see that!
Where: Gwinnett County Fairgrounds Main Exhibit Building, 2405 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 30045.
When: Saturday & Sunday, January 21st & 22nd, 2017 (The Parade of Rescue will be Saturday afternoon, the 21st)
What to Expect: Two days of fun and special events; come one day, or all weekend – admission is free! and the entertainment is priceless. English Springer Spaniel Specialty Shows, All-Breed Obedience Trials.
Saturday evening Rescue Dinner & Auction: Come join us for Good Food, Good Friends, and Fun! We will be serving up some of your favorite Italian dishes, along with some terrific auction items to nourish the Springer Lover’s heart. Don’t miss out! Click HERE for more information.
Remember, all proceeds from the ESRA Booth, Dinner, and Auction go to ESRA to help Springers In Need.
Lunches: There are no food vendors onsite. Box lunches may be ordered through CESSCGA for Saturday / Sunday. Click HERE for your order form. There are a wide variety of restaurants and fast food establishments in the vicinity.
From the South – Take I-85 North to Exit 106, (GA Hwy 316 East on your right). Continue on Hwy 316 to Sugarloaf Parkway. Turn Right on Sugarloaf. Follow Sugarloaf Parkway approximately 5-1/2 miles to the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds on your left. From the North – Take I-85 South to Exit 109 (Sugarloaf Parkway). Turn Left onto Sugarloaf. Follow Sugarloaf Parkway approximately 9 miles to Gwinnett County Fairgrounds on your left. (Entrance to Exhibit Hall is off of Davis Road)
Accommodations: Pet Friendly Hotels in the vicinity include:
- Homewood Suites – Hilton; 770-277-1243, 1775 North Brown Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30043 30043; $99.00+tax; $25 one time pet fee; 19 minutes, 8.2 miles to show site.
- LaQuinta Inn – Duluth; 678-957-0500; 2370 Stephens Center Drive, Duluth, GA 30096; Call for Rates & Pet Fees; 12 minutes / 8.52 miles to Show Site.
- Holiday Inn – Gwinnett Center; 770-476-2022; 3610 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth, GA 30097; Call for Rates & Pet Fees; 16 minutes, 10.5 miles to Show Site.
Doggie Rules: If your dog will be with you at this event, please familiarize yourself with these instructions:
- All dogs must be on a short leash (4’ MAX). No Flexi type leads allowed in the building.
- Please ask permission to approach a pet or show dog. Do not allow your dog to interact with another dog without the owner’s permission.
- No children under 12 should handle a dog in the building unless they are in the ring.
- No dogs are allowed in the food area.
- Bring your own water dish for your dog.
- Clean up after your dog at the show site and at the motel.
- Be sure to walk your dog outside FREQUENTLY. Do not allow your dog to urinate inside the building. Scoops & buckets will be provided outside of the event facility.
- KEEP YOUR ATTENTION ON YOUR DOG. There will be a lot of dogs, people, strange sounds and smells at this event; all in close quarters. This can be very stressful for any dog. Be sure to watch your dog for signs of stress and remove him/her from the building when needed to relax. There will be several ESRA volunteers on hand to help out, if needed. Don’t hesitate to ask.