The Chattahoochee English Springer Spaniel Club of Greater Atlanta‘s English Springer Specialty is just around the corner. We look forward to seeing many of our ESRA volunteers and supporters, as well as adopters there. Come on out and enjoy the show! Springers from all over the country will be in conformation competition here. This is the largest Springer event of this kind in the southeast. There will also be all breed obedience trials. Don’t miss out!
Enlish Springer Rescue America Parade of Rescued Springers!
ESRA is proud, to once again, spotlight our wonderful springer with our Parade of Rescue, where rescued Springers throughout the Southeast will be featured, recognized and celebrated for their new lives with their new families. You are sure to want to see that!
The Parade of Rescue is tentatively scheduled for 3:00pm on Saturday, the 20th. Contact Emily Pike at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the parade or from more information.
Where: Gwinnett County Fairgrounds Main Exhibit Building, 2405 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 30045.
When: Saturday & Sunday, January 20th & 21st, 2018 (The Parade of Rescue will be Saturday afternoon, the 20th)
What to Expect: Two days of fun and special events; come one day, or all weekend – admission is free! and the entertainment is priceless. English Springer Spaniel Specialty Shows, All-Breed Obedience Trials.
The ESRA booth will be up and tunning all weekend, with all sorts of wonderful Springer items from the ESRA Store. How can you resist? Pick from lots of exciting new ‘Springer’ products.
Saturday evening Dinner with Friends: Following the Parade and the day’s judging, join us for Good Food, Good Friends, and Fun! We will be going out to at a local restaurant for fun with friends. Everyone is invited! Stay tuned for more information on location and times.
Lunches: There are no food vendors onsite. Box lunches may be ordered through CESSCGA for Saturday / Sunday. Click HERE for your order form. There are a wide variety of restaurants and fast food establishments in the vicinity.
(ESRA alumni, Chudleigh & Ava, passed thier CGC & Novice Tricks evaluations at the 2017 ESSFTA National Springer Specialty)
From the South – Take I-85 North to Exit 106, (GA Hwy 316 East on your right). Continue on Hwy 316 to Sugarloaf Parkway. Turn Right on Sugarloaf. Follow Sugarloaf Parkway approximately 5-1/2 miles to the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds on your left. From the North – Take I-85 South to Exit 109 (Sugarloaf Parkway). Turn Left onto Sugarloaf. Follow Sugarloaf Parkway approximately 9 miles to Gwinnett County Fairgrounds on your left. (Entrance to Exhibit Hall is off of Davis Road)
Accommodations: Pet Friendly Hotels in the vicinity include:
- Homewood Suites – Hilton (Host Hotel); 770-277-1243, 1775 North Brown Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30043; mention Chatahoochee English Springer Spaniel Club of Greater atlanta Shows. King Suite $99.00+tax; $25 one time pet fee, free breakfast 7:30am-10:00am; 8.2 miles to show site.
- LaQuinta Inn – Duluth; 678-957-0500; 2370 Stephens Center Drive, Duluth, GA 30096; Call for Rates & Pet Fees; 8.52 miles to Show Site.
- Holiday Inn – Gwinnett Center; 770-476-2022; 3610 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth, GA 30097; Call for Rates & Pet Fees; 10.5 miles to Show Site.
- RV parking is also available for $25.00 per night. Electricity ONLY – No Water Available. Contact Kathy Pierce for reservations at email@example.com.
Doggie Rules: If your dog will be with you at this event, please familiarize yourself with these instructions:
- All dogs must be on a short leash (4’ MAX). No Flexi type leads allowed in the building.
- Please ask permission to approach a pet or show dog. Do not allow your dog to interact with another dog without the owner’s permission.
- No children under 12 should handle a dog in the building unless they are in the ring.
- No dogs are allowed in the food area.
- Bring your own water dish for your dog.
- Clean up after your dog at the show site and at the motel.
- Be sure to walk your dog outside FREQUENTLY. Do not allow your dog to urinate inside the building. Scoops & buckets will be provided outside of the event facility.
- KEEP YOUR ATTENTION ON YOUR DOG. There will be a lot of dogs, people, strange sounds and smells at this event; all in close quarters. This can be very stressful for any dog. Be sure to watch your dog for signs of stress and remove him/her from the building when needed to relax. There will be several ESRA volunteers on hand to help out, if needed. Don’t hesitate to ask.
- Only invited dogs (show and parade of rescue) are allowed in the building.